Project Procurement Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Application date: 17th Apr 2020
An experienced Project Purchasing Manager is required for a leading Defence Land Systems Company based in Telford, you will be responsible for the delivery of coherent Project Procurement management, highlight deficiencies and lead effective risk mitigation.
Candidates with significant Project Procurement knowledge & experience in complex defence programmes would be well received.
This Leading Defence Land Systems Company based in Telford requires a motivated, dynamic, detailed and driven Project Procurement Manager.
As the Project Procurement Manager you will be required to:
• Support and assist the Head of Procurement in the management of Procurement activities.
• Responsibility for the delivery of timely Procurement activities
• Oversight and support other Procurement Project activities.
• Deliver coherent Project Procurement plans and activities at management level that will deliver to schedule and demonstrate value for money.
• Highlight deficiencies and lead the implementation of sensible but effective risk mitigation.
• Align functional objectives with overarching business strategies
• Set direction and be responsible for the delivery of the functional business plan.
• Ensure team members are skilled, competent and empowered to meet the functional and business objectives
The Project Procurement Manager will have the following skills or experience:
• Experienced NPI Project Procurement Professional able to operate in a brown-field scenario and drive timely and cost-effective project procurement activities.
• Definition of Key Performance Indicators and producing effective methods of data capture to support their generation.
• Ability to work in a multi-national organisation, collaborate and develop with international colleagues the best Procurement solutions for the Joint-Venture and contribute to the wider Procurement organisation’s desire to develop Global Category Management.
• Lead a NPI Project Procurement team to operate at a higher level demonstrating both competence and effectiveness by delivering an optimal service to the business Key Stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with extensive complex NPI procurement experience within a low volume highly regulated manufacturing and engineering environment.