Projects & Engineering Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Application date: 13th Feb 2019
Our customer is a global supplier of advanced materials and support the aerospace, automotive and alternative energy sectors.
The purpose of the role is to take leadership responsibility for the Project Engineering and Maintenance departments. This will involve leading, supporting and coordinating improvement initiatives through the direct team and in collaboration with stakeholders in the organisation.
The main duties of the Projects and Engineering Manager:
· Identify and mitigate risks and successfully deliver important development projects within agreed time, cost and scope.
· Lead the project team to optimise project revenue, margin and resources and present key project progress to stakeholders.
· Manage the subcontracting process to ensure delivery of the business metrics for the maintenance department.
· Consistently promote acceptable standards of conduct and work performance for all company and third-party personnel working on the projects to ensure full compliance of company procedures and legislative regulations.
· Continually drive to improve the efficiency of the resources within the maintenance department.
· Delivering through the team maintenance of the buildings and services.
· Review, develop and implement working practices and processes.
· Lead staffing activity within the teams including recruitment, training and staff development.
Skills and experience required for the Projects and Engineering Manager role:
· Ideally Degree qualified in an engineering or science discipline.
· Experience working at the required level for a multi-national manufacturing organisation.
· Demonstrated experience of delivering improvement projects and programs in manufacturing.
· Experience of Six Sigma, lean manufacturing techniques.
· Prince 2 practitioner qualified or equivalent.