Recruiter: Evans Taylor
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £60,000 to £65,000 + car, bonus & benefits
Application date: 13th Feb 2020
Part of a truly global organisation spanning 46 countries and employing 24,000 people, our client is without doubt a world leader in its field. With an outstanding heritage and reputation as a true innovator, they design and manufacture high performance capital equipment for the packaging industry. A business committed to innovation and unrivalled service, growth and investment remain firmly on the agenda and as such, we are looking to appoint an outstanding Purchasing Manager to this exciting position.
• Outstanding opportunity to lead best in class purchasing activities within this dynamic organisation.
• Managing a small team, you will have full accountabilities for developing an outstanding flexible purchasing function where there is now the need to raise the bar and create a truly global purchasing function.
• The scope of the role is broad and will encompass long term supplier development, the creation and management of ongoing cost reduction programmes whilst developing improvement programmes and performance reviews for key suppliers.
• You will manage all purchased items for the organisation including production parts/materials/commodities, subcomponents, non production and capital expenditure where a change agenda in purchasing is paramount.
• Formulate appropriate purchasing strategies and policies appropriate to the organisation and execute a detailed plan to support the business.
• To proactively move the business towards modern purchasing techniques and systems whilst ensuring a function that is flexible and capable of supporting continuous new product development programmes.
• This exciting role demands a high calibre purchasing/procurement specialist who enjoys a growth agenda, substantial autonomy and a highly visible and creative role.
• Of graduate calibre, you will have an outstanding track record of purchasing/procurement management within a best in class manufacturing environment, where purchasing complexity (i.e. including substantial number of parts) is a given.
• As such you are likely to have experience working with a number of best in class sectors i.e. capital equipment, aerospace, automotive, FMCG, general engineering etc, where you will have knowledge of best practice purchasing tools and techniques.
• A self-starter, goal orientated and highly persuasive, you will be a natural negotiator who has the stature and presence to drive measurable business improvements into the organisation.
• Ability to advance in an organisation which continues to reshape in line with the marketplace and customer demands.