Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Application date: 18th Oct 2019
Your new company
You will join an award-winning employer who is industry-leading and growing substantially year on year.
Your new role
• Responsible for development and implementation of Procurement policy and plans
• Working closely with the budget holders you will provide expertise and manage tenders, supplier negotiations and contract development
• Ensure that the risk to the business posed by the supply chain is minimised by proactively managing the supply chain performance, carrying out due diligence and through the provision of efficient internal stores.
• Regularly review and update the business on the progress of the Purchasing Action Plans.
• Develop and implement a tender decision framework that considers total value, risk and other key criteria.
• Carry out a purchasing review of all material contracts and provide advice to contract owner.
• Work closely with Finance to ensure adequate data is available to the business in order to manage the purchasing spend.
• Manage stock levels to ensure availability of critical spares, whilst maximising the value from working capital.
What you’ll need to succeed
You will be a motivated Procurement professional who can demonstrate track record of success alongside the following-
• Procurement experience in a manufacturing or Industrial environment at Buyer / Senior Buyer or Purchasing Manager level
• CIPS Qualified or working towards
• Excellent communicator across a range of stakeholder levels and professional areas
• Have a determined, proactive and flexible approach to your daily commercial duties
• Forward thinking in your Procurement practices and able to lead on strategy implementation
• CAPEX Procurement experience beneficial
What you’ll get in return
Competitive salary based on experience and qualification plus benefits