Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 + Car Allowance, Bonus & Pension
Application date: 7th Jul 2021
This multi-site FMCG packaging manufacturer are looking to recruit a Purchasing Manager to unify the procurement processes across the UK sites. The Purchasing Manager will be ideally have experience in a multi-site role within an FMCG/packaging/plastics manufacturing business.
The Purchasing Manager duties will include:
• Analyse savings potential of central purchasing within the UK vs decentralised at site level for various products and services.
• Implement and realise saving projects.
• Decisions on new centrally procured products and services with the Senior Management Team.
• Develop a procurement strategy for these products and services.
• Minimise procurement risks.
• Cooperation with other areas / departments in the business.
• Central price negotiations for the UK Region.
• Contract negotiations with suppliers
• Informing the business about prices, discounts rebates etc from supply agreements.
• Close collaboration with all relevant departments, Operations, Finance, Corporate Purchasing to meet plant metrics and goals.
• Establish and maintain supplier relationships
The Purchasing Manager will have:
• Related business qualifications / CIPS
• Purchasing experience within a complex FMCG manufacturer.
• Entrepreneurial thinking
• Negotiation skills, results oriented
• Lead by example with regards to business ethics