Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Application date: 27th Oct 2021
We are working with this well-established European, Tier 1 automotive manufacturer and supplier in the recruitment of an exceptional Purchasing Manager to be responsible for their UK procurement operation. The business supplies product into the majority of UK and European OEM’s
You will ideally have multinational, automotive procurement experience, ideally gained within a European centric business, hold a degree, and have a CIPS qualification.
Areas of responsibility
• Lead the UK Purchasing activities in the assigned business units and categories.
One of the core activities of the UK Buying organisation is to act as a primary interface with plant functions for direct and indirect purchasing matters, and to provide support to production control & logistics and Quality as first escalation level for supplier related issues.
The presence of the Purchasing Country Manager in the plants is ensuring that the sourcing strategy per commodity group, as established by the Lead Buyers, Technical Buyers, Project Buyers, and Indirect Lead Buyers, is properly implemented , consistently executed by the local stakeholders, and integrated with the emerging opportunities from the respective local market.
It will also be your responsibility to monitor and report on supplier performance supporting UK audits and providing risk management analysis and business intelligence on a local level.
As procurement manager, you will lead a team of buyers, set the strategy and be a guiding light for procurement in the UK. You will also manage the procurement budget and control spend
Other areas of responsibility are:
• Manage the teams of Country Buyers, within a defined geographical region including one or more Countries.
• Support the strategies indicated by Lead Buyers, Technical Buyers and Indirect Lead Buyers on the product families covered by this role, providing feedback on Local Market view.
• Ensure the application of improvements determined by Lead Buyers, Technical Buyers, and Indirect Lead Buyers by interfacing with the Local Manufacturing facilities to get the quality approval on proposed new Material/Suppliers
• Integrate Lead Buyers, Technical Buyers and Indirect Lead Buyers proposals with emerging opportunities coming from Local Market.
• Identify saving potentials / continuous improvement measures, initiate, co-ordinate and track resulting initiatives using the Autoneum MOVE Implementation tool.
• Act as a primary interface with plant Management for purchasing related matters and provide support to PC&L and Quality as first escalation level for supplier related issues.
• Ensure that the financial purchasing performance is well understood and under control
• Contribute to the budget creation and realisation.
This is a position where you can have a strong impact of the direction of the UK manufacturing business, you will report into a European Director, so an element of travel will be expected.