Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + benefits
Application date: 5th Jan 2022
Following the award of significant new long-term projects, a manufacturer of complex assembles supplying a range of sectors including Aerospace, Defence, Nuclear & Automotive has a new vacancy for a Purchasing Manager. A hands-on procurement specialist you will have experience in supplier selection in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment and be well practised managing a team.
• Leading and develop the purchasing team
• Influencing and driving implementation of the procurement strategy, ensuring risk is clearly identified
• Identifying areas for improvement in the procurement strategy
• Developing strategic, strong supplier relationships
• Creating and negotiating appropriate contracts with suppliers
• Creating procurement metrics and reports to identify any supplier issues
• Working closely with Quality to ensure robust and consistent supplier approvals
• Representing procurement in Project and business meetings
• Ensuring that the strategic purchasing aims of the business are achieved in-line with a cost-effective purchasing methodology.
The Purchasing Manager will have a background in an engineering or manufacturing environment and be conversant with purchasing strategy, leading a purchasing team and effectively manage and develop commercial/service-level agreements with suppliers.
You will have a proven background ensuring consistent timely delivery of materials and services, with strong negotiation and leadership skills the Purchasing Manager must be willing to travel to suppliers across UK and Europe.