Recruiter: Sierra 57 Consult
Location: East of England
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + benefits
Application date: 17th Oct 2023
Working alongside our client, a leading designer and manufacturer of electro-mechanical components, we are looking for a Purchasing Manager to join their team.
During an exciting time of sustained business growth, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking company that places its people at the forefront of the business.
The successful candidate will be joining an established and ambitious leadership team to work together in a forward-thinking, collaborative way.
This opportunity will suit an experienced Purchasing professional with strong working knowledge of MRP / ERP systems.
• In the role of Purchasing Manager, you will lead the Purchasing requirements of the business, ensuring that prices are continuously monitored and negotiated with suppliers and that contracts are regularly reviewed.
• As Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for the purchasing of materials and consumables in line with MOQ’s and lead times to ensure on time delivery of product.
• Working with the Operations Manager to continue to develop continuous improvements in ERP.
• Management of the stock control and ensuring accurate stock holding at all times.
• Reporting daily to the Business on any lead time issues that will cause customer delays.
• Implementing and leading the SOP process to ensure forecast demand is managed in production and communicated to internal stakeholders.
• Building good working relationships with suppliers and continuing to negotiate supplier prices to secure the best possible outcome for the company.
• Anticipate and react to supplier/customer/ stakeholder issues, resolving them when they occur, to instill confidence and develop the business’s reputation in the market as a trusted UK partner.
• Maintain constant flow of communication between purchasing and other parts of the business the impact on price to ensure that up to date costing is readily available.
• Follow all relevant policies, procedures and instructions in line with statutory compliance.
vWorking in collaboration with the Finance & Commercial Director in managing the Master Price List.
• Working with Quality in ensuring that specification of product is met.
• Provide insight and contribute costing/financial budgetary input into New Product Introduction and design processes, actively participating in RFQs.
• Manage, coach and develop the purchasing team to meet agreed objectives, which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
• Participate, create and drive lean initiatives within area of responsibility.
• Any reasonable activity to support the performance growth and profitability of the company whilst understanding the business goals and objectives.
• Monitoring and upholding the highest levels of Health and Safety at all times.
• Educated to HNC/HND qualification and or recognised management training qualification
• Good knowledge of MRP / ERP systems
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Strong oral and written communication skills which are clear and persuasive
• CIPS qualification an advantage
• Experience within a plastics manufacturing environment an advantage
• Understanding of Lean manufacturing techniques and methodologies
• Knowledge of interpreting and compiling Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA’s) an advantage
• Proactive self-starter that looks for opportunities for continuous improvement