Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: Up to £55,000 p.a. + Benefits
Application date: 17th Aug 2018
This commercial Purchasing leadership opportunity within a globally recognised industrial manufacturing and engineering business is required to manage material and the resources required to achieve the optimum relationship between availability and cost.
Reporting to the Engineering and Projects Director, the Purchasing Manager will be involved in all areas of the material supply chain and the duties of the role will include;
• Availability and accuracy of manufacturing schedules
• Monthly improvement in measure of accuracy, quality of work to lists and capacity definitions
• Supply Chain Control to order accuracy (Quality, Cost and Timing) at placement and delivery;
• Supplier rationalisation, selection and resourcing
• Stock Control – Stock accuracy, rationalisation of stores, delivery turn around and part despatch.
• Development and maintenance of supply chain strategy to achieve progressive savings in `true supply cost`, including efficient economic procurement and cost down initiatives.
• Development and maintenance of systems for the selection and control of the supply base, Including supplier agreements and development of complex supplier arrangements.
• Management of procurement, material control and stock control personnel, including their effective task achievement, their standards of behaviour and team & individual development.
The ideal candidate will be a CIPS qualified and proven Purchasing & Procurement Leader who has previous people management experience within a manufacturing / industrial environment and will have had some exposure to the requirements and standards involved when dealing with the nuclear sector. You will be well versed in Supply chain management, procurement and able to negotiate the best commercial terms available to a business to deliver both maximum efficiency and cost saving.
Knowledge of category management and transactional supply chain would be ideal and an ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and documentation would be highly advantageous.
This role offers an outstanding opportunity to join a world leading business who are part of a global group that have a proven long-standing brand name and customers on every continent and offers outstanding career development within a meritocracy based environment.