Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
Application date: 3rd Dec 2018
An international manufacturer is currently recruiting a Strategic Procurement Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing long term strategic procurement projects and must have experience in a similar role.
Part of the senior management team you will work on key UK procurement projects focusing on developing long term sustainable supply chains. Working closely with the head of departments you will help integrate the supply chain across planning, purchasing and logistics to formulate an integrated and efficient supply chain.
• Develop strategic procurement agenda for UK operations
• Identify key target areas and deliverables for the procurement activity
• Source new suppliers base
• Improve cost, quality and delivery performance
• Establish a risk management process across UK supply chain
• Lead procurement support for UK`s new product development and New product Introduction plans
• Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities
• Establish periodic cross functional reviews between operations, supply chain and procurement
• Lead Make or Buy Decision evaluation process.
• Conduct key process and system reviews in procurement
• Exploit group supply chains in China and India.
The successful candidate will have proven procurement and purchasing experience ideally within a low volume, high complexity manufacturing business operation. With a hands-on approach you will have strong project management skills and a demonstrable track record of cost reduction, process improvement and supplier selection.