Quality Engineer / Manager
Recruiter: Optima UK
Application date: 8th Jul 2019
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the role is to support, grow and continuously improve the manufacture of world class products. You will be a critical player in ensuring all Quality processes and Procedures are un-compromised and therefore should be conversant with ISO 90001, TS16949 and IATF 16949, You will be required to work closely with the Engineering and Manufacturing teams to input new ideas for the design and manufacture on existing products and NPI, and also be responsible for the customer liaison of NPI to include APQP, PPAP activity etc. and also create Quality work instructions where and when necessary to do so.
• Previous experience as a Senior Quality Engineer or Quality Manager
• A proven Quality track record within Production / Manufacturing Engineering or similar.
• Strong knowledge of machining techniques.
• Familiar with Quality Systems / PPAP & Environmental Issues.
• Able to speak with customers directly and be the point of contact for any issues.
• Experience of working with other departments to implement Lean improvements.
• Experience in mid / low volume assemblies.
The Company is a leading Tier 1 component manufacturer and supplier, specialising in the machining and assembly of a number of product ranges for the Automotive, power generation and off-highway industries. There is a strong focus on customer satisfaction in the business with a right-first-time mentality.