Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: Fradley, Nr Lichfield
Salary: £48,000 - £56,000 + benefits & bonus
Application date: 3rd Mar 2021
Are you a Senior Quality Engineer looking for the next step in your career? Interested in career progression and international opportunities? We are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer or Assistant Quality Manager to work for a European giant in automotive manufacturing, to lead a small team and talented quality team and focus on one of their more challenging but rewarding sites. We need someone from a fast-paced automotive environment that isn’t afraid to get hands-on and is well versed in automotive QMS, Quality standards and managing customer expectations as well as internal stakeholders. For the right person, this company is prepared to support relocation.
As a Quality Manager you will;
• Manage all quality operations and lead a small quality team, working closely and reporting to the Plant Manager
• Be responsible for the maintenance of quality standards (IATF 16949), utilising a range of Automotive quality tools to ensure a right first time / Zero Defect culture
• Be involved in customer reviews, attend meetings and support customers and the quality team on any quality issues or concerns
• Create and implement the best practice quality vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
• Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
• Report on Quality activities on a regular basis to the Senior Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators.
• Coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
• Support the management team in the delivery of department objectives and related training and monitor ongoing progress and performance in a timely manner.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
An incredible opportunity for an up and coming Senior Quality Engineer or Quality Manager with the following;
• Dynamic and ambitious self starter looking for strong career development opportunities
• Happy in a hands on role, able to work under pressure and willing to go “the extra mile” to get the job done
• Ideally Degree qualified in a relevant subject
• Strong leadership qualities and people management / development experience
• Experience in a fast-paced tier 1 automotive manufacturing environment with a strong knowledge od IATF 16949 Quality standards
• Excellent working knowledge of quality tools and process such as 8D. 5 Whys, Lean, FMEA , PPAP etc.
• Experience in a customer facing role dealing directly with automotive OEM’s.
This is an incredible opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer looking for the next step in their career. In return for your experience, this company will offer:
• Full relocation assistance
• £48,000 p.a. – £56,000 p.a. Basic salary
• Company Car
• Private Medical
• Company Pension
• 12% Bonus
• Excellent career prospects and opportunities internationally