Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Application date: 7th Apr 2021
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Quality Manager to join our client’s team at their facility in Deeside, the role will be ensuring the full compliance with the British Retail Consortium (BRC) Standard for Consumer products (product group one) and with any other quality standard required by customers or the company, the role will also include manging QMS systems, champion and supporting lead quality improvements, lead and manging all internal and external audits, along with commercial and operations tasks.
• The Quality Manager must ensure that the chosen quality standard is aligned to the company’s commercial commitments, strategic direction, and business plans. This role involves the management of daily operations which are related to the quality standard employed.
• To ensure that the company always remains complaint with the consumer product standard and chosen QMS systems/standards.
• To ensure that the customer requirements and expectations have been accurately identified and that the organization is meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• The Quality Manager will champion, support and lead quality improvement initiatives. The Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring that all managers, process owners and supervisors develop and maintain their part of the quality management system.
• To investigate, report and discuss all non-conformances and customer complaints raised externally or internally and identify possible root causes and potential corrective actions.
• To manage all QMS related activities between the relevant business departments
• To collect, collate, maintain, update, and amend all QMS controlled documentation as and when the system requires.
• To lead on all internal and external quality audits, report findings to the management team and close out any corrective actions in the timeframe specified as part of the audit review.
• Liaise with the external assessment bodies on all matters related to the external accreditation process.
• Devising, establishing and writing the company’s quality procedures, work instruction, cleaning instructions, working standards, risk assessments and product specifications
• Updating the companies HACCP procedures and where applicable identifying and controlling, and monitoring critical control points
• Liaise with the commercial and business development team to ensure that all customer product and quality specifications are met.
• Defining new processes and procedures in conjunction with operating staff
• Ensuring that business procedures, work instructions and cleaning procedures are properly understood and carried out and recorded accordingly
• Ensure that all line documentation is kept update and completed in agreed timescales and filed in an appropriate manner (e.g. glass register, maintenance records, cleaning schedules).
Experience & Qualifications:
• Proven experience within a Quality Manager role
• Full knowledge of QMS systems
• Degree in engineering or equivalent