Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + pension, bonus, life assurance & additional benefits
Application date: 11th May 2022
Due to the recent award of a new project, a leading manufacturer supplying the automotive sector has a new vacancy for a Quality Manager to join the team. You will be responsible for ensuring products meet high quality standards, supporting NPI and work with customers and suppliers on any quality related issues.
As the Quality Manager you will be working as part of the senior team, you will ensure that products meet with highest of customer satisfaction while ensuring the correct processes and procedures are followed. You will support senior management regarding all quality issues within manufacturing whilst working closely with suppliers and customers to identify areas of improvement.
• Identify root cause and implement corrective actions
• Work closely with suppliers to improve processes & performance
• Lead APQP activities
• Drive continuous improvement activities regarding quality functions
• Support and work with senior team on successful New Product Introduction
• Write product test procedures
• Implement new quality processes and systems
• Report on KPI‘s
• Assist with first off sample approvals
• Participate in the development and refinement FMEA‘s
• Conduct internal and external quality audits
Candidates for the role of Quality Manager are sought with previous experience working in a volume precision manufacturing environment with a preference to those with a good understanding of automotive processes and quality standards. An experienced senior quality professional you will have strong knowledge of APQP, PPAP, FMEA, TS16969 and ISO900 with a proven track record of supporting successful NPI and supplier development.