Sales Director – Managing Director designate
Recruiter: Sierra 57 Consult
Location: UK Wide
Salary: £100,000 - £110,000 package inc car, bonus & benefits
Application date: 8th Feb 2023
Retained by our client, an established and successful bespoke Machine Tool & integrated automation supplier, due to succession planning they are looking to appoint a new Sales Director within the UK business based in Warwickshire. The post is expected to be groomed for replacing the current MD of the business in 2-3 years.
Post specifics & expectations:
• Strong Sales / Commercial experienced Manager, Director or Managing Director
• Man-management and people development; mentoring & nurturing; leading & directing
• Leading Engineering Sales / Commercial professionals and directing KPI’s; meeting deliverables; organising & driving business strategies
• Strong customer focus / customer care; problem solver / solution provider; high & effective negotiation skills
• Strong & confident personality / excellent presentation skills; personable / fair but firm attitude
• Proven Sales & experience track record from either Capital Equipment / Machine Tool Supplier, Precision Engineering or Engineering Bespoke / Special Purpose Machinery or Automation.
• Engineering background with good engineering qualifications, – HND, Degree, MSc, MBA
Role of post:
• To develop and implement an innovative annual sales and marketing programme in line with a budget development plan (B.D.P) which will motivate internal and external sales staff and in turn maximise sales growth and meet set sales targets and revenue growth.
• To be aware of the company business activities and to assist the Managing Director where necessary in the day-to-day operations of the company.
• Identify suitable trade shows, actively organise them and attend them along with open houses and any other promotional functions/events. Improve positioning of products in core markets and increase the profile of the UK company and global group presence.
• Organise and conduct seminars and presentations (in house or with trade partners).
• Develop and maintain a key accounts programme in conjunction with key account managers in European HQ, including the personal management of multiple machine and robot orders and V.I.P customers.
• Deal professionally with all levels of personnel from throughout organisations up to senior management positions.
• Maintain continual dialogue with European Group HQ and all the relevant personnel there as required on a weekly, monthly basis.
• Along with the management team of the UK company and assist with preparing and implementing annual budgets as required.
• Manage the internal and external departments and ensure maximum benefit for the UK business.
• Co-ordinate inter-departmental communications to ensure the professionalism of an after sales service and technical support structure.
• Deal with day-to-day challenges and work to maintain deadlines across a number of areas of operation.
• Applications and digitalisation engineer, automation and digitalisation engineer, external and internal sales team.
• To ensure the complete and efficient interfacing of the UK sales team with the other members of UK company staff.
• To ensure that the UK business maintains an in depth and current knowledge of all developments concerning the UK and Irish plastic injection moulding markets, also ensure constant updating of the customer database via Navision across all sales areas.
• Make regular visits to customers throughout the UK and Ireland accompanying the external sales team to ensure an efficient management of their areas to maximise sales across the UK company business portfolio. Working from the office as and when required.
• To ensure that office procedures are conducted under ISO 9001 procedures.
• With the aid of in-house and external training, to ensure computer literacy and knowledge of UK company technology and processes will be attained and regularly updated.
• To conduct annual personal reviews with all subordinates.
• A full and valid driving licence is to be maintained at all times.
• Maintain and enhance detailed monthly records to monitor:- Order intake, Delivered machines, Types of machines sold by technology and size.
• Working with the automation engineer, actively check and if require amend the costs for a project including monitoring during it’s duration.
• Ensure all projects when completed and where applicable are supplied with CE and UK/CA paperwork and if not assist with the creation of the paperwork.
• Be responsible to ensure that any new phone or IT software issued by Europe Group HQ that involves the sales department, is implemented correctly and everybody understands how to use it efficiently.
• Maintain the equipment needed by the sales department in ensuring their equipment is up to date and in-line with Europe Group HQ’s rules, ie Laptops, printers, cars, phones etc.