Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Application date: 17th Sep 2020
A talented Senior Buyer with a proven track record and knowledge of strategic procurement across direct and indirect commodities is required by a global tier one Automotive business. Supplying a portfolio of major OEMs this organisation is looking to grow its UK procurement team, based in Staffordshire. We are seeking a talented Senior Buyer with experience of global sourcing within a high volume, fast-paced manufacturing environment. As Senior Buyer you will be required to:
• Oversee and manage commodities including Mass Production, New Product Introduction and Engineering Changes to ensure cost competitiveness.
• Activities include Negotiation, New Supplier Introduction, New Part Introduction, Supplier Evaluation and Risk Management, Project Management and Quotation Evaluation.
• Ensure KPI’s and procedures are met and advise where needed.
• Compile and implement overall Commodity Strategy over the next 1-5 years.
• Identification of best cost through QAF analysis using various techniques i.e. benchmarking, market knowledge, comparison against previous quotes/parts.
• Control and manage prices changed by various triggers (ECI, Raw Material).
• Achieve departmental targets (Cost Reduction, New Product Introduction Timings and cost expectations) and other personal KPI’s.
• Evaluate and implement VA/VE, working with other departments as necessary.
• Investigate new suppliers to ensure they are financially stable with sufficient resources to meet the needs of the automotive sector and sign up to self- bill payment method.
• Support regional EU cost negotiations.
• Responsible for strategically procuring a range of functional commodities.
As a Senior Buyer, ideally, you will have experience of working within a medium/high volume fast-paced manufacturing environment (Automotive advantageous) and:
• Demonstrable procurement experience within an Automotive tier 1 or OEM
• Strategic thinking to identify opportunities for cost reduction.
• Understanding of product/component evaluation and functionality requirements.
• Strong communication skills, ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
• Excellent project management skills and experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, driven Senior Buyer with knowledge of managing key commodities, global sourcing and strong project management skills.