Senior Controls/Automation Engineer
Recruiter: CKF Systems
Application date: 18th Mar 2021
CKF is an established UK Robotics and Automation supplier who have been operating for 33 years. We have a wealth of experience, as an automation systems integrator, transforming the operations of our customers in the manufacturing and logistics industries by increasing throughput, reducing costs, improving safety and maximising space. We specialise in palletising solutions and have extensive experience designing and installing robotic palletiser, layer palletiser and gantry palletiser systems in our customers plants. We have successfully installed systems, and have vast experience, in a wide range of sectors including food & beverage, e-commerce, automotive and pharmaceutical.
This role will suit:
• A Minimum HNC qualified electrical engineer, with knowledge of Allen Bradley, Siemens & safety PLC’s, robotic applications (ABB preferred) and HMI’s.
• Capable of Understanding and/or design of Safety zoning, LOTO requirements, electrical circuits, communication interfacing and SISTEMA calculations
• Evidence of leadership qualities, giving direction and promoting development.
• Familiarity with robotic automation & pneumatic control
Related industry experience – Food, Pharmaceutical or Automotive preferred.
The role’s working environment and opportunities:
• Modern manufacturing facility based in Gloucester.
• Lead role
• Enthusiastic, hard-working team which looks out for each other.
• Specialist company which has a long record of repeat business with well known blue chip clients.
• Genuine opportunity to play a key part in the company’s future growth.
The job will involve:
• Provide technical support to the sales, proposal, project and design teams. Including simulations, estimating, software and hardware selection.
• Provide guidance on control system design together with the preparation of associated FDS and CE documentation.
• Customer technical support and practical support to the electrical department.
• Implementation and equipment commissioning on customer sites both within the UK and abroad.
• Supporting all elements within the electrical controls & proposals departments, striving for continuous improvement.
• Ensuring conformance to all current UK and foreign standards (when applicable).