Senior Manufacturing Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: West Midlands
Application date: 4th May 2018
Interim/Permanent Senior Manufacturing Manager
An experienced and senior automotive Manufacturing Manager is required for a prestigious automotive brand. Due to increased demand for new models they are looking to implement new ways of working across their current and future production lines. The senior management team have developed a business strategy based on fast reaction, no fault forward, short lead time manufacturing principles and are now looking to recruit a Manufacturing Manager to facilitate this programme of change. This is an exciting opportunity to introduce TPS into a traditional manufacturing plant and transform it into a modern lean whole vehicle production facility. The position requires an in-depth understanding of TPS and its application from first principles.
As Manufacturing Manager, you must have a track record of achievement gained within an Automotive OEM that demonstrates an ability to work with people, challenge tradition and create a sustainable continuous improvement culture that can deliver against exacting Health & Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery targets.
To be considered for this Manufacturing Manager position you must have or be:
• Significant experience as a Manufacturing or Assembly Operations Manager working within an automotive OEM vehicle assembly environment.
• A thorough understanding of TPS, Policy Deployment, JIT, OEE, 5S, Kanban, and pull systems is required together with problem solving tools such as 5 why, root cause analysis, 8D, A3 thinking and DMAIC.
• Experience of working within a fast paced automated, semi-automated and manual assembly environment covering new model introduction incorporating the use of modern ERP systems.
• A strong engineering or manufacturing background ideally to HND level or above with a good understanding of APQP
• A real passion for continuous improvement, leading by example, setting exacting standards and not accepting second best.
• An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques at all levels across the business will be required
• Dynamic, data-driven, numerate and prepared to do what it takes to get the job done.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to create understanding and influence the people you work with at all levels
This is a challenging high-profile role and you will take full responsibility for the manufacturing and assembly areas. Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will work as part of a close-knit senior management team that are “doers”, that make things happen and get involved.
This team and the workforce are fully committed to a business transformation and you will play a leading role in delivering and developing a world-class vehicle manufacturing assembly operation. The role of Manufacturing Manager will be a catalyst for change and require strong leadership, management and decision-making skills with a focus based on Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery that ensures the highest levels of employee engagement and customer satisfaction.