Senior Production Manager
Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £80,000 - £90,000
Application date: 3rd Nov 2021
Your new company
Hays is delighted to be working alongside this globally recognisable brand based in the West Midlands in recruiting a Senior Production Manager to join its team. Its innovative and collaborative approach in supporting its customer base creates solutions to cover all aspects of business, building strong relationships to support the strength of the brand.
Your new role
Your new role as a Senior Production Manager will see you provide day-to-day operational leadership and strategic planning for all areas of production. You will ensure key production targets are delivered upon and ensure the quality, safety and reliability of all production processes.
• Responsible for delivery of the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) across Quality, Cost, Delivery & Morale (QCDM) across production and packaging lines meeting targets and drive continuous improvement year on year.
• Regularly reporting to the Senior Management Team an assessment of the Production KPI Performance, continually and actively identifying and driving continuous improvement throughout the areas.
• Influencing the broader site agenda and ensuring consistency of approach / best practice development across operations.
• Generation of management reports, providing clear and concise performance information to include responsibility for reporting cost analysis of monthly activities to ensure that operational projects are completed successfully, on time and within set budget.
• Ensure that staff are managed in accordance with performance criteria and targets. Identify areas of improvement and further training when needed.
• Comply with the Health and Safety Policy and procedures in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
• Maintain 5S levels in line with showroom factory conditions.
• Any other duties as outlined necessary by the company.
What you’ll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role you will require previous senior management experience within a fast-moving manufacturing environment with significant operational experience to include production, maintenance and processes.
• Significant operational manufacturing experience and knowledge (products, processes, maintenance) in an FMCG environment.
• Capable people leader to include goal setting, coaching and motivating a team.
• Degree educated or equivalent in a related engineering/manufacturing discipline – essential.
• Ability to communicate between all levels of the organisation from shop floor to exec level.
• Understanding of operational finance processes including P&L, forecasting, AOP etc.
• Proven track record in safety and product quality.
• Understanding of Lean Manufacturing.
• Proven track record in project management and implementing change.
• A drive for continuous improvement.
What you’ll get in return
In return you will receive an attractive salary of between £80,000 and £90,000 per annum, 20% bonus as well as company car and healthcare benefits.