Senior Quality Engineer
Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Application date: 4th Dec 2020
A market leading British Engineering Company supplying high performance products to some of the most prestigious brands in the automotive sector are looking for an experienced Senior Quality Engineer due to an influx of exciting new projects. You will be responsible for supporting the quality department across all quality operations with experience in a senior quality role within a fast-paced automotive manufacturing environment.
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will;
• Support the Quality Manager across all quality operations, Quality Control and Quality assurance, Implementing and maintaining a range of Automotive quality tools to ensure a right first time / Zero Defect culture
• Use a range of qualify tools including route cause analysis and 8D to identify and resolve issues in a highly bespoke manufacturing process
• Be involved in customer reviews, attend meetings and support customers and the quality team on any quality issues or concerns
• Create and implement the best practice quality vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
• Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
• Support the quality function from new product conception through to warranty analysis to ensure a proactive culture so that customers receive the product to the highest standard of quality possible
• Report on Quality activities on a regular basis to the Senior Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators.
• Coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
• Support the management team in the delivery of department objectives and related training and monitor ongoing progress and performance in a timely manner.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
An experienced Senior Quality Engineer with:
• Appropriate qualification in Quality management such as ISO 9001 lead auditor or IATF audit.
• Strong route cause, and problem-solving (8D) experience in a fast-paced tier 1 automotive manufacturing experience
• Strong knowledge of Quality tools and process, FMEA, PFMEA, PPAP and writing control plans
• Experience in a customer facing role dealing directly with automotive OEM`s.
• German OEM and VDA 6.3 experience desirable.