Site Engineering Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £46,500 + employee benefits package
Application date: 27th Sep 2019
A creative and innovative market leader in bringing new technology to warehouse logistics the world over. Working with our customers all over the world, our client develops customised solutions and are truly at the forefront of industry 4IR.
Employing over 3,000 people across the planet and turning over more than €500m year on year. We believe strongly in uniting technological know-how with a long-established experience in diverse industries to be the key to delivering successful solutions for their prestigious client base.
Due to continued success, an expansion opportunity has arisen for an aspiring Site Engineering Manager to join a market leading, global organisation who are at the forefront of the Warehouse Automation sector at their state of the art premises in Corby.
Operating on behalf of a premium household UK brand. This is a multi-faceted Site Engineering Manager job opportunity comes with a basic starting salary of £46,500/year. We hope to speak to suitably skilled and career-focused Engineering management professionals living within a commutable distance of Hatfield as soon as possible.
You will be customer focused, team oriented, organised with strong listening skills and self-awareness. You will also ideally possess proven experience of managing an on-site maintenance team that deal with electro-mechanical, PLC, and systems software faults conducting preventative maintenance operations on automated materials handling equipment within a warehouse environment.
Overview of the role
Reporting to and supported by the multi-site director, your role will consist of the following:
• Match tasks with team skill-sets to ensure delivery of SLA
• Manage site budgets and associated commercial activities
• Manage all system improvements and installations
• Manage all training requirements, both technical and regulatory
• Gain a reputation for rapid and effective support
• Develop on-site staff and resources
• Be an effective manager focused on team development
• Provide monthly reports covering commercial and technical activities
• Improve the service level and optimise resource utilisation through adoption of industry best practices
• Plan and implement system security policy
• Manage and coordinate the daily activities of all personnel
• Site lead for recruitment operations
• Provide complete customer satisfaction whilst enhancing the reputation of the Company
• HNC/HND or above in an associated Engineering discipline
• Automated Systems background or similar
• Demonstrable knowledge of Lean / 6 Sigma
• Living in a commutable distance of Corby
• Previously managed medium/large teams of Engineers in automated warehouse or logistics background
• Technical skills to cover software systems, server architecture & networks with an appreciation of electro-mechanical installations
• £46,500/year starting salary
• Days – Monday to Friday (some flexibility required)
• Corby location
• Employer contributory pension up to 6%
• Private flexible health care plan
• Company mobile phone
• Annual bonus for hitting KPIs
• Employee benefits package
• Industry leading training and development opportunities both at home and abroad
• Managing a team of 12 engineers within a high value, highly innovative, automated warehouse for a premium UK clothing brand