Site Technical Manager
Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £50,000 to £70,000 + benefits
Application date: 21st Sep 2018
A large food manufacturer are looking for a Site Technical Manager. You`ll be responsible for leading the quality and technical department. You`ll be first point of contact for site regarding food safety and legality. You`ll be experienced working to BRC and food safety standards, reporting into the Technical Director.
Reporting into the Technical Director you`ll be responsible for leading and developing the quality department. Being first point of contact for site regarding food safety and legality.
• Managing the Quality, Goods in and Technical departments, leading daily quality meetings and escalating any issues with immediate actions and decisions.
• Drive continuous improvement and quality culture, whilst driving and delivering profitability throughout the manufacturing operation.
• Factory lead for all external audits visits, from BRC, supplier and supermarkets.
• Take ownership of developing and driving factory standards.
• Manage factories non conformances and dealing with complaints from suppliers and supermarket and reporting any issues to the Technical Director.
• Degree qualified within Food Science, Food Management or Consumer Management. Strong knowledge of BRC standards and Quality standards within food manufacturing. Dynamic approach with a board technical knowledge, with the ability to implement them across sites.
• A background of managing multiple sites, with he strong organisation and planning skills.
• Excellent communication skills verbally and written.
• Ability to manage workload effectively and confident with problem solving.