Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Application date: 22nd Nov 2019
The Manufacturing Technology Centre is a UK success story – created to provide manufacturing systems solutions in an agile environment in partnership with industry, academia and other institutions. Working in partnership with Consilium Recruit they are seeking a Subcontract Manager. The purpose of the role is to support industrial sector projects in managing all aspects of third party subcontractor relationships.
The Subcontract Manager will be responsible for:
• Working alongside sector teams and customers to understand requirements to engage with subcontractors.
• Identifying, assessing and qualifying suitable subcontractor organisations.
• Prepare subcontract work packages in line with programme requirements.
• Manage subcontractor tender and quote process.
• Ensuring successful delivery of subcontract support to the programme of work.
• Facilitate the handover and review of projects upon completion.
• Drive the identification, assessment and planned responses to risks in order to support successful delivery of projects.
• Ensure compliance with external legislation and statutory obligations.
The successful candidate for the Subcontract Manager will possess the following attributes:
• Background in setting up third party agreements with major organisations.
• Demonstrate ability to negotiate large 3rd party agreements.
• Experience with NEC contracts.
• Ability to collaborate with third party organisations to ensure successful and timely completion of projects.
• Qualified in an Engineering, Commercial or Project Management discipline.
• Ability to engage and build relationships with customers and third party organisations.
• Communicate effectively between stakeholders providing reports and applicable updates on subcontractor status on projects.