Supply Chain Director
Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £65,000 - £80,000 + benefits
Application date: 11th Oct 2021
One of Europe‘s leading manufacturers to the aerospace, defence and energy sectors has a new vacancy for a Supply Chain Director. An experienced purchasing professional you will manage the UK operations commodity strategy and candidates are sought with a proven track record of supplier selection, developing long term relationships and driving improvement efficiencies.
With experience managing a large procurement team you will be tasked with developing long term commodity strategies, driving continuous improvements, identifying new suppliers and developing long term relationships.
• Produce and develop a long term procurement strategy for the UK operations
• Manage and develop the commodity & procurement team
• Encouraging a culture of continuous improvements.
• To lead, direct and manage all supplier relationships
• Manage commercial negotiations and develop a commodity strategies.
• Take ownership for quality performance of assigned commodities,
• Defining commodity strategies for the each part of business to meet quality, cost and delivery
• Work with Quality team to ensure that all suppliers have appropriate quality systems and conduct regular auditing
With proven experience in a strategic procurement role you must have worked in complex manufacturing and ideally have some experience of metal component purchasing. With experience leading a multi-disciplined team you will be a positive leader and have a proven track record in delivering results in a demanding environment.
Customer focussed, you will be resilient with the ability to cope with unplanned demands and prioritise workload in line with changing demands. Ideally educated to degree level you will also be CIPS qualified (or equivalent) with a good understanding on Materials Management.