Supply Chain Manager
Recruiter: Fulcrum Strategies
Location: South East England
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Application date: 15th Feb 2021
Employing over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn this is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world – delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Specialists in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture – capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
• Responsible for creating value from the overall supply chain encompassing procurement, purchasing, logistics and inventory and drive cost reduction via a team of 18 through 4 direct reports.
• Deliver performance against top down company KPIs, in quality, cost, delivery and service together with input for NPI programmes at customer tender stages
• Contract implementation and ongoing supplier base contract management targeting continuous improvement in process and performance
• Contribute and be an integral part of the Group Supply chain organisation and objectives including support to bids and strategic business initiatives.
• Ensuring flow down from prime contracts achieved within an appropriate commercial contracting framework and with mitigated levels of risk to the business unit
• Team motivator and leader with organisational knowledge and understanding, coupled with the ability to develop both teams and individuals – preferably supported by MCIPS /Degree
• Notable stakeholder relationship skills, supported by credentials of contracting in the supply chain arena and working within a project management environment
• Fully conversant with risk identification, mitigation and management principles and their application within the complexity of multi-dimensional operations
• A practitioner across the full span of Supply Chain – you should demonstrate expertise in all elements including demand and supply planning, S&OP, analytics, demand fulfilment and Purchase to Pay processes
• Familiar with control measures and driving cost efficiencies across logistics, inventory and delivery