Supply Chain Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Attractive salary + benefits
Application date: 8th Mar 2022
My client is a start-up business with strong financial backing and is developing an innovative, patented marine powertrain product for launch in 2022.
The company has a small, experienced team of people who are passionate about successfully bringing this technologically leading product to market. Each team member has a ‘hands on’ approach and supports each other for the benefit of the programme.
Reporting to the Commercial Director the Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager will lead and manage the Purchasing & Supply Chain team, creating a talented, passionate, and committed organisation to drive achievement of business objectives. This role is critical to our business plan and the job holder will need to build strong relationships to work closely with key stakeholders both internally and externally to the business.
• Define & execute Purchasing & Supply Chain strategy to exceed annual business objectives for Sales, Gross Margin & technology leadership
• Own and manage the full supply chain operation from component sourcing through to delivery at plant, implementing effective and lean operating systems which will both drive value to the bottom line and deliver exceptional service to our customers by ensuring the right part, right part, right time
• Provide leadership to the Purchasing & Supply Chain team, ensuring clear a strategy is in place to meet business objectives, with execution plan and ownership through effective organisation structure
• Review organisation structure on a regular basis to ensure a capable, competent, and committed team is in place to deliver business objectives
• Define Bill of Materials, supported by stable and secure supply chain, in line with target cost
• Define and maintain effective supply chain to deliver BoM with required quality, delivery, and costs performance. Implementing industry leading audit and nomination processes.
• Define and maintain portfolio of key strategic suppliers to lead technology development at the required cost position,
• Work alongside other business functions to assess and provide the product, service and material requirements which will underpin effective business operation
• Continually assess business operation to implement industry leading practice, that delivers lean but effective operating that can meet and exceed customer expectations
• Represent Purchasing and Supply Chain function for business planning and performance tracking activities, working with relevant members of the team to deliver global business objectives.
• Act as senior escalation point for Supply Chain related issues, either externally or internally
• Minimum of +5 years’ experience working at a senior level in Purchasing & Supply Chain
• Demonstrated experience of driving change in fast moving environment
• Strategic thinker
• Ability to build strong relationships
• Customer/market focused approach with result’s orientated, ‘can do’ attitude
• Process driven with a continuous improvement mindset
• Commercial acumen to assess and analyse supplier potential
• Must have excellent organisational skills with attention to detail
• Experience in manufacturing or related industry
• High energy and determination to drive the best business results with enthusiasm and pace
• Ability to balance ‘hands on’ with longer term vision
• Some travel will be necessary, particularly to the USA and Europe