Supply Chain Manager
Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 + benefits
Application date: 11th May 2022
One of the UK‘s foremost manufacturers supplying the aerospace & defence sectors has a new vacancy for a Supply Chain Manager to join the team. Forming part of the senior management team you will oversee the supply chain function by implementing best practice and developing supplier arrangements and performance. An experienced supply chain professional, candidates have a proven track record of building long term relationships and ideally have a good understanding of aerospace standards.
• Lead and manage the supply chain team
• Resolve any issues regarding supply commitments
• Ensure the business has robust systems in place
• Ensure all purchasing is conducted in a timely manner in line with production deadlines
• Develop strong relationships with supply chain
• Generate and maintain business metrics for supplier quality performance
• Identify and implement potential cost reductions
• Work cross functionally to support with business development and improvement projects
• Work to continuously improve supply chain and implement strategic future proof planning
With proven leadership experience gained within complex fast paced manufacturing environment (aerospace preferred) you will have excellent supplier selection, negotiation, and performance management skills. You must have a good understanding of ERP systems and capacity/production planning and possess a high level of commercial acumen (ideally CIPS qualified).
Candidates must have previous experience building long term relationships with suppliers and ensuring timely delivery of good and services at the right cost.