Supply Chain Manager
Recruiter: 1492 Search
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000
Application date: 20th Jul 2022
The Client & Role
This SME manufacturing business has seen impressive growth over the last 5yrs – £12-15m turnover, major capex investment, plant refurbishment and plant extensions have been completed as well as 10% headcount growth. They are now looking for someone to establish a professional purchasing and supply chain function looking after both direct and indirect spend, full supply chain and procurement end to end management including warehousing and logistics.
This opportunity combines function and purpose, allowing you to have a visibly tangible impact on the business whilst also allowing you to improve on its environmental credentials.
We are looking for individuals who have full supply chain, end to end experience ideally from a precision engineering, metals, castings or coatings environment although other sectors will be considered.
To be considered you need to be able demonstrate the following:
• Previous experience of developing purchasing processes and systems in a manufacturing business.
• Experience of running professional sourcing, tender, audit and contract award processes-globally.
• Previous experience of buying materials (mostly metals), consumables, equipment and energy.
• Previous experience of managing warehouse, logistics would be advantageous.
• A desire or passion to improve the environment.
This is a medium volume, high product mix machining environment which prides itself on right first time and OTIF. Always looking to improve and look at NPD this role will suit those who like to wear many hats-full ownership with a keen eye for detail and developing long term strategic roadmaps.
Salary & Package
Not only can they offer you an interesting and varied job role but they are also offering a £40,000 – £55,000 salary.