Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: Competitive salary + benefits
Application date: 14th Jun 2023
About Our Client
The client is a successful COMAH site based in Huddersfield.
The Sustainability Manager will be responsible for:
• Actively initiate and shape transformational projects to deliver corporate and site-based sustainability targets.
• In collaboration with the site Environmental Manager, define, collect and report site leading and lagging Environmental & Sustainability indicators to check performance and drive improvement.
• Provide leadership and mentoring to ensure that Sustainability is a core part of everything that we do within our site operations, providing the link between large scale change initiatives and the manufacturing site.
• Ensure compliance to the agreed governance framework and delivery process
• Act as a role model for bringing Sustainability to the forefront of change. management activities, supporting and coaching employees to improve on our existing culture of high HSE standards.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Sustainability Manager will be:
• Experienced in the delivery of sustainability improvements or similar project activities within a large organization, combined with the ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and monitor multiple concurrent activities to meet demanding timelines, influencing teams over which they have no line management accountability.
• Ideally, Master’s degree or equivalent experience in related field.
• Proven understanding of UK HSE legislation.
• Proven understanding of the Life Cycle Assessment methodologies, and related standards (such as ISO 14064, ISO 14044 or GHG Protocol for Corporate Reporting).
• Proven understanding on the definitions of the different elements of calculation of product and process carbon footprint.
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
• Understanding of manufacturing processes particularly in specialty chemical/energy/process industry, or similar fast paced & complex environment would be advantageous.
• Understanding of energy management linked to sustainability.
• An entrepreneurial drive, with the ability to deconstruct and solve problems, to investigate drivers and figure out why things happen.
• Proven ability to build strong relationship across stakeholder groups with the ability to effectively influence and communicate across various business lines, units and functions, from the shop floor to the senior levels.
• Practiced Project and Program Management skills.
• Proven understanding of Continuous improvement methodologies (Lean / Six Sigma / Kaizen etc) would be advantageous.
What’s on Offer
The business offer a competitive salary and support well-being, offering comprehensive benefits including generous holiday entitlement, competitive pension scheme, private medical insurance and employee assistance programme.