Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: East Midlands
Salary: £80,000- £90,000 + benefits
Application date: 1st Apr 2019
An experienced Technical Director is required for an established precision engineering and manufacturing business which is now part of a larger corporation. To further strengthen the capability of the senior management team, this role will take full responsibility for both the Engineering and Quality functions of this highly regarded aerospace component manufacturer. With a strong heritage and reputation for innovation, their products are supplied globally to both tier one suppliers and aerospace primes. The Technical Director will report directly to the Managing Director with a dotted line into the group engineering and quality functions. This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly appointed senior management team with progressive plans tasked with delivering exceptional levels of customer service and developing class leading new products.
To be successful in this role you must have a track record that demonstrates an ability to design and engineer new products that meet the engineering and quality standards expected within the aerospace sector. As Technical Director you will be familiar with the full range of accreditation bodies including UKAS, Nadcap and AS9100 quality management system.
To be considered for this Technical Director position you must have or be:
• Significant experience working within the Aerospace sector in a senior management capacity that encompasses both engineering and quality department responsibility within a product engineering environment.
• A degree in mechanical, metallurgy or materials engineering ideally supported by either a post graduate technical or business qualification or be a chartered member of a recognised industry body (IMechE, IOM3, CQI)
• A thorough understanding of modern production processes and associated machine tools and materials that will deliver the most effective and efficient means of manufacture.
• Familiar with product design concepts including parametric and knowledge based CAD/CAM systems that deliver lead time improvement in the product design and development life cycle.
• Significant people management and situational leadership experience, able to lead by example, setting high standards with excellent project management skills.
• A confident and approachable personality with a real passion for coaching and mentoring with the ability to build high performing self- directed teams
• Strong communication skills, data driven with an ability to build robust working relationships across the business and work effectively at all levels from the shop floor to the boardroom and across the wider group.
This will be a challenging and highly visible role and you will work within a close-knit team and a business that has ambition for change and growth. The ideal background for this Technical Director position will be machined precision components gained working within the aerospace, automotive, general engineering, oil or gas sectors. At present you will probably be working as an Engineering or Quality Director and looking for a challenging opportunity that will require an ability to manage sustainable change and deliver class leading products of exceptional quality.