Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £65,000 - £80,000 + pension, bonus & life assurance
Application date: 6th Apr 2022
A global manufacturer of precision components has a new vacancy for a Technical Director to join their expanding site in Leicester. Working closely with customers, Engineering & Quality you will be tasked with improving manufacturing processes, procedures and workflows and the successful candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced precision manufacturing & engineering environment.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Technical Director will be responsible for:
• Creating and present performance reports to the General Manager & Group Financial Director.
• Keep close contact with Customers – Engineering and Quality – evaluating their needs and scores.
• Periodically evaluates product portfolio information to understand methods for manufacturing.
• Evaluate existing manufacturing processes, procedures and engineering specs and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements to help the company meet budgetary goals as well as performance targets.
• Develop standardized design criteria across all product lines.
• Develop new solutions to existing manufacturing problems.
• Track inventory for manufacturing batches subjected to internal Material Review Report – Non-Conformances as well as those related to Customers Complaints.
Overseeing day-to-day activities in the facility.
• Follow safety programs and ensure compliance with all safety policies and standards.
• Monitor staff employees activities, provide guidance and training where needed.
• Keep track of staffing requirements and hire new talent as needed to correspond with specific duties and skill sets.
• Encourage a positive work environment and behaviour for all employees.
• Ensure accreditation and all processes remain compliant with accreditation bodies and governmental regulations.
Candidates will ideally be degree qualified in Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering with significant operations management experience gained within a precision engineering environment and ideally with a good understanding of machining techniques. Possessing key competencies, including conflict management, business negotiation, organization, and decision-making you will have strong leadership and influencing skills gained within a large group. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of production processes, costs, and maximizing efficient manufacture of goods, including machine tools and maintenance.