Technical Director – Powertrain
Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: Highly Competitive
Application date: 1st Aug 2018
A German-owned, automotive engineering consultancy who are experiencing massive growth over the next few years, is seeking a Technical Director – Powertrain to join the business in their Warwick Head Office location. The role requires a broad experience of automotive powertrain design and production, as well as experience in interfacing at board level with customers
• The Technical Director – Powertrain will have ultimate technical owner for key customer project.
• Management and coordination of the project technical team to ensure products are delivered at a cost, quality and time appropriate for the application.
• Technical Director – Powertrain will have Senior / board level interface with customers and, as required, suppliers and other partners.
• Key decision maker defining and implementing direction to ensure project success.
• Involvement in business development activities and support of the business management.
• Technical reporting internally (to the Group board) as well as externally to provide clear, factual and concise project status.
• Liaise with, including travel to, other company sites in order to co-ordinate design activities and ensure their delivery is in line with the programme requirements.
• Lead system and component-level safety case development, and follow industry standard techniques to ensure a robust design, e.g. FMEA.
• As Technical Director – Powertrain you will build and maintain a strong customer relationship, to facilitate technical interfacing between company teams and the client.
• A broad industry network and proven ability to interface at a senior / board level with customers and suppliers.
• Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline.
• Demonstrable experience in an automotive powertrain / transmission environment.
• Ability to provide direction and resolution to technical powertrain issues.
• Proven, senior level experience in design of advanced powertrain systems for production.
• Experience of working on automotive powertrain systems and understanding their interfaces and integration into the vehicle.
• Experience leading the integration of multiple complex projects requiring interaction with numerous third parties and suppliers.
• Detailed technical knowledge of transmission / powertrain systems and associated development cycles.
• Proven team management ability and of working in a fast-paced team.
• Experience in e-powertrain projects.
• Knowledge of German language.
To apply click below or contact Kelly Snelling to discuss further 07880 193029