Recruiter: Sierra 57 Consult
Salary: £63,000 - £70,000 + bonus & benefits
Application date: 1st Feb 2023
Seeking a proven & experienced Technical Manager with strong experience within injection moulding manufacturing for a leading & established technical moulding manufacturer, with clear progression planning for promotion to Technical Director.
Highly regarded as a leading UK injection moulding company group with a strong presence within automotive, EV, medical, white goods & electronics sectors.
Proudly demonstrating an enviable reputation and blue-chip customer base, our client are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Technical Manager to join their leadership team at an exciting period of business growth, with a view to progressing into a Technical Director role.
Seeking a driven, highly motivated and enthusiastic individual, applicants will possess a formal engineering or polymer related qualification at a minimum of HNC level and an in-depth technical knowledge of all aspects of injection moulding to include design for manufacture, tooling, polymer technology and processing, injection moulding and ancillary machinery, robotics, automation and secondary processes together with experience of the automotive sector.
Suitable applicants will be able to demonstrate that they are an exceptional leader, communicator and mentor with the ability to engage, motivate and support the technical team to deliver the targets and objectives of the business whilst being a role model for their core values and culture and promoting world class performance.
Suitable applicants must be commercially and financially astute with a history of delivering projects on time and in full together with optimisation and continuous improvement of existing processes to support 24 hour manufacturing, all within an IATF16949 framework.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As Technical Manager you will have management responsibility for all aspects of the Technical department to include:
• New Product Introduction: Costing, DFM, APQP, project management, global tool sourcing and development, production readiness.
• You will have proven in-depth experience & expertise in Processing & Polymer Technology (NPI and production): New tool trials (off-site & in-house), process and material development, troubleshooting, DoE, optimisation and continual improvement, robotics and automation, assembly operations, injection moulding machinery and ancillary equipment.
• Knowledgeable in Design, moldflow, engineering change control and rapid prototyping
• Implement New Technology: Recognising opportunities, evaluation, justification and implementation.
• Ensure compliance with all H&S procedures and maintain the H&S of all employees. Work cohesively with fellow Management Team members to overcome business challenges and drive business improvement.
• Leadership, management, support, development and mentoring of team members. Create and sustain a positive team and companywide culture.
• Promote and practice the published core values of the business.
• Guidance of business strategy and direction from a technical perspective.
• Establish, maintain and deliver the technical elements of the Technical and Commercial / Operations departmental business plan.
• Protect the business from undue risk.
• Focus on customer satisfaction.
• Process ownership of departmental procedures to satisfy IATF16949 and ISO14001 standards.
• Delivery of agreed KPI targets and business objectives.
• Support the company’s strategic goals by implementing and refining best practice systems, procedures & technology.
• Deliver Continuous Improvement
• Focus on your own leadership and management development, training and succession planning.
Person Experience Specification & Desirables:
• Technical Management and related disciplines
• Leadership & Management of Injection Moulding Tooling & Polymers
• IATF16949 & ISO14001 Standards & Procedures
• Lean Continuous Improvement techniques
• Finance & Commercial experience & knowledge
• Legislation relative to responsibilities
• All aspects of Technical Management and related disciplines
• Leadership & Management Structured Problem Solving
• Automotive Manufacturing experience is desirable
• Minimum HNC in a relative Technical / Engineering / Polymer qualification/s or similar good qualifications
• Full Driving Licence