Technical Sales Manager – Director designate
Recruiter: Sierra 57 Consult
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 package
Application date: 3rd Nov 2021
Retained exclusively with our client, our client is a successful injection moulding manufacturer and is seeking an experienced Technical Sales Manager who has a strong background and knowledge of technical injection moulding processes and products.
This role expectations and must haves:
• A proven injection moulding Technical Sales Manager or Business Development Manager, experienced with advising customers regarding plastic injection moulding product, tooling and mould manufacturing process.
• Must have progressed career through a technical plastic injection moulding manufacturing environment, ie Toolmaker, Process Engineering, Technical Sales or Business Development.
• Must have a minimum of 2-5 years proven commercial experience within technical injection moulding products.
• Must have good experience of product production lead times, plastic materials etc
• Must have good clear & confident communication skills
• Must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail
• Must be able to interpret technical drawings, – product, tooling etc
• Must be an effective negotiator and experience with financial calculations
• Your role as Technical Sales Manager will be typical to that usual role and responsibilities of a Technical Sales Engineer or Technical Sales Manager who has progressed and trained in; or had involvement with technical plastic injection mouldings & tooling concepts for manufacturing customers, and possibly working with customer contacts in a variety of market sectors.
• As Technical Sales Manager you will have a minimum of 3 years Technical Moulding product Sales OR Business Development Management. This role will be a split of working on developing current accounts & Sales development / new business development & lead generation.
• Ideal applicants will reside within a hours commute of the Malvern plant location, with the flexibility of working from home once a probationary period has been served.
• You will have a good understanding of discussing technical solutions and capabilities for managing the RFQ stage and delivering a credible “concept through to completion” solution.
• You will have a good understanding of identifying and bringing together costs for manpower, materials, tooling, BOM and lead times that this moulding manufacturer aim to adhere to for meeting customer deliverables and KPI’s.
• Our client already has a developed, proven and established technical NPI team for gathering materials and tooling costings which will aid you in quick RFQ turnaround and be highly competitive for securing new business.
An exceptional opportunity for applicants looking to progress their career and aspire to excellent reward, job satisfaction and working with an experienced Technical Injection Moulding Commercial team.