Education & Training Director
Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £75,000 to £90,000 p.a.
Application date: 31st Jul 2018
The Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre is focused on developing, maintaining and building upon the vital skills required by manufacturing graduates, technicians, engineers and managers to deliver the technologies that keep the Great British manufacturing industry globally competitive.
With a vision to develop a training capability that embeds adaptable skills, knowledge and behaviours that future proof UK manufacturing, this new role of Education and Training Director has been instigated to take the business to the next step in this plan.
The Education and Training Director is a board position required to lead the way with current delivery and grow the AMTC (Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre) offering to a national programme to include: STEM engagement, Apprenticeships, Degree Programmes in collaboration with the HE sector.
Reporting to the Managing Director of the centre the Education and Training Director will be responsible for supporting the next and future phases in the ongoing growth and development of the strategy to enable the continued growth of the AMTC.
This will include responsibility for;
• Development of the Sales and Marketing plan to promote AMTC
• Lead on Quality process development (SFA, Awarding Bodies, Ofsted, Internal and External process and audit)
• Budget responsibility for ESFA and commercial income and all quality audits
• Ensuring development of the AMTC through the expansion of the AMTC Coventry and other national centres
• Employer engagement
• Relationship management of HE partners
• Leading AMTCs Ofsted inspections to successful outcomes.
• Develop relationships with MTC (The Manufacturing Technology Centre) members and Patrons to support the growth and offer future ongoing relationships.
You will have significant proven Director level experience in leading an Education and Training business or function with board level exposure coupled to experience in setting up and growing commercially viable training businesses.
Candidate should be able to demonstrate substantial achievements within the HE sector, lead successful Ofsted inspections and fluent with government funding systems and Education and Skills Funding Agency processes and frameworks.
You will have determination to succeed and passion about the subject area and be highly articulate, highly presentable with excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills at all levels. Based in Coventry with an ability to travel throughout the UK, occasionally overseas if required and hold a current driving licence.
To apply please forward an up to date copy of your CV to Gary.Larner@consilimrecruit.com