Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: Up to £100,000
Application date: 22nd Jan 2021
Currently working with a business that specialises in lifesaving equipment in a variety of industries. This business is looking to find a leader for their IT team who will be able to successfully drive and deliver change and IT related projects. You will be joining at an IT team that has a family feel culture that provides, maintains, optimises and expands the systems needed to successfully deliver their service.
Key aspects of this role will include establishing programme governance and management practices (including approach and plan development), tracking/monitoring, issue & risk management, communications and reporting to stakeholder. This role will require strong business case analysis, process and operating model redesign, organisational change management and structured programme/project management. This will involve leading a multi-disciplinary team(s) across location, division and functions, liaising with group level transformation PMO for standards, methodologies and tools.
• Provide critical thinking and influence to link strategic agenda to programme portfolio plans
• Build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships with senior leaders to act as a trusted advisor
• Provide leadership to the IT team on key projects designed to increase revenue, reduce operating expenses, enhance business efficiency, improve decision making, and improve customer and employee experience
• Work with business and function leader to define initial scope of change and project requirements
• Establish governance and project management disciplines aligned to PMO standards, methodologies and practices
• Identify and manage risk and issues (escalation and resolution via appropriate business or functional owner
• Coordinate delivery, including design, build, test, deployment and lessons learned
• Develops own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gains or maintains external professional accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfil personal potential.
• Maintains an in-depth understanding of technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences, and reading specialist media
• Collaboration and coordination of large and dispersed project teams
• Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent stakeholder management
• 7-10 years of diverse roles and growing leadership responsibilities across enterprise technology deployments, including full life-cycle management from concept through deployment – particular emphasis on user experience management, business process configuration, integration, structured delivery, and testing
• Experience across multiple delivery methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Human Centred Design
• Previous successful delivery of ERP, CRM, digital (B2B) and transformation programmes
• Large industrial, manufacturing, service industries (preferred)
• Strong ability to understand complex and sometimes contradictory information for problem solving
• 10-15 years of general IT/project management/business process management work experience, together with comprehensive job-related experience in own area of expertise to fully competent level
• 5-7 years of managerial experience, directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results